Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Time Out Chicago Kids

I am addicted to magazines.  I will confess that upfront before I give a magazine review.  But, given my obsession, I have to say Time Out Chicago Kids is great for parents in the City (and the Suburbs for that matter).  It's basically all about everything going on in the area that you can take your kids to.  When the magazine originally launched (or at least when I first noticed it) it only came out quarterly and was hard to find in stores but now you can find it in most grocery stores (plus bookstores of course) and it comes out every two months.  At the end of the magazine there is a calendar of events that I think is a bit better than the calendars in the free magazines you can pick up at the library or other places around town and by better I just mean that the events that are included seem more like the kind of stuff I would do with my kids.  The rest of the magazine is pretty substantial and divided into sections for dining, shopping, and then "play dates" which includes museums, music, sports and theater.  Overall it is a good round up of all that is going on in the Chicago area but reviews are definitely superficial.  It is more about what there is to do than whether you should do it.  I definitely think it is essential for planning outings with your family and making sure you never miss that festival or event that you meant to remember.  According to cover of the latest issue the cover price is $2.99 but of course it is much cheaper per issue if you have a subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment