Sunday, July 17, 2011

Exploratorium

Am I the only one who misses the old Exploratorium?  I mean the updates are very nice.  The toddler play area is great as is the new water area (the old water area was kind of pointless) and the train table.  However, now that it is all nice and shiny everyone and their nanny wants to go there.  It gets so crowded.  I really miss the days when we could get there at opening and be almost the only ones there for at least an hour.  Now it fills up by 10.  I also really miss the craft project that they set up in the old art area.  It was always something cute and doable for a range of age and skill levels.  Also a good balance with all the running and climbing they do there.  They still have a couple of tables but only coloring sheets, no art projects.  Obviously I am in the minority because the place is crazy busy and everything does have a nice new feel to it.  I probably just have nostalgia for that time in my life where we were going there at least once a month before the renovations.  My youngest was a baby and she would just sleep in the carrier while my older daughter (who was 3 at the time) would run around and play.  It was a completely open room so I could always see where she was and a had good balance of the climbing gym, building blocks, dress up, books, and art projects.  I could relax and look at a magazine but now with all of the people that is impossible.  I guess change is always hard even if it may be an improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment