Sunday, July 17, 2011

Michaels Passport to Learning

June 30, 2011
Michaels has a series going on right now celebrating different countries around the world.  They are calling it their Passport to Fun.  We were at a store to get some supplies for an upcoming birthday and saw an arts and crafts table set up.  Nothing can keep my daughter from an arts and crafts table – nothing.  So she of course did the activity.  On the day we were there the theme was Canada and she made a super cute moose.  I’ll say the girl running the activity wasn’t the most engaging but she was perfectly nice.  While I’m at it, the other complaint that I had was that a lot of the activity needed adult assistance - it's supposed to be for kids plus I have another child to keep my hands busy.  Although actually I really think the kids could have done most of the steps themselves but the helper was keeping tight control over everything.  She just didn't seem to want to let anyone use her glue.  Anyway, I don’t know if the craft project was the kind of thing you would make a special trip for but if it is convenient for you to go it’s definitely something fun to do.  The difficulty level for what we did was probably at least for a four year old (didn’t even attempt it with my two year old).  Check Michal’s website for dates (I think they do these mostly on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays) and what activities they will be doing because some definitely sound better than others.  After all the money I spend in that store, though, it’s nice to get something back.  What we did was free but I think you might have to pay for the materials for some of the activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment