Monday, July 18, 2011

Grown Up Dinner - Maude's Liquor Bar

July  17
So during our week away from our daughters my husband and I were able to go out for a nice dinner.  Friday night we went out to Maude's Liquor Bar on Randolph Street.  It was a good compromise for us because I like fancy drinks and he likes wine and they had a good selection for both.  It's a French restaurant and as our waitress explained all of the dishes are meant to be shared and based on what we ordered that seemed to be true.  The waitress also said they brag about the seafood there.  They have these seafood towers that have like shrimp, lobster, crab, mussels and are insanely big.  It looked really good but since my husband isn't that into seafood and it just looked like way too much for us we decided to get other things.  We shared a steak and some sides and they seriously aren't kidding when they say the portions are meant to share.  The steak was huge and good as was everything else we had.  I had a smash to drink, which the waitress described pretty accurately as a mojito where you get to pick your alcohol - lots of crushed up ice, lemon and lime rinds, and mint all muddled together.  I thought it was great, although at $12 a drink I couldn't really justify more than two.  My husband had a really good glass of wine and overall it was a really nice dinner.

It generally didn't seem like a natural place to bring kids but there was one family there while we dined.  The staff seemed really cool about it - maybe because the child was so well behaved.  But there is definitely no children's menu, high chairs, or crayons.  If you can, I suggest getting a babysitter and leaving the kids at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment